Sometimes my yarn/fiber stash weighs heavily on my mind. But it has some good sides too:
- When my aunt told me she was learning to knit socks, sock yarn, double- pointed needles, and patterns were sent her way.
- When Ellen posted the details of the fourth edition of "De-stash and Do good", a box full of yarns was set aside for a good cause.
- When one of my coworkers asked for a scarf in turquoise, I showed her a dozen skeins in the right color family and she chose the skein she liked the most.
Yarn: Farmhouse Yarns Bonnie's Bamboo (1 skein)
Pattern: Stella Bamboo Lace Scarf from Luxury Yarn One-skein Wonders
- When another coworker said she liked hand-knitted coasters, I had a dozen skeins that matched her living-room colors for her to choose from.
Twelve coasters in Spud and Chloe Fine (white), Zen Yarn Garden merino/cashmere/nylon (brown), and Spirit Trail Paivatar (green).
- When a fellow knitter wins a contest, I can find something in her favorite colors.
- When Clara announces that Shetland is the breed for the August woolalong, I can go directly to my spinning stash and start spinning (when Polwarth was chosen for July, the July fiber from the Sweetgeorgia fiber club turned out to be Polwarth -- how serendipitous!)
And if a yarn and I need to part ways, I can always destash it on the KR forums or bring it to the KR retreat. So really, it's not that bad!