November 29, 2010

KR retreat 2010 - Sunday

Sunday morning was all about "New Beginnings". There were door prizes and there was writing: notes to thank the people who had provided the riches in our goodie bags, notes to the staff at the inn, notes on the KR retreat memory book, notes to ourselves to be opened next year. Among my knitting resolutions, I promised to knit at least 10 minutes a day (dear Fran, you're still watching over me!).


Then Clara put on her sparkly tiara and her funny glasses and proceeded with the ceremony that would unite us with our New Beginnings project. My unlawfully wedded project is Eunny Jang's Tangled Yoke cardigan in Rowan Felted Tweed. Per Ann's class, I dutifully knitted a gauge swatch in the two stitch patterns and felt quite virtuous.

And then it was time for hugs and to say goodbye until next year!


PS: I feel that I must disclose what came home with me from the stash lounge because Vicki might blackmail me otherwise!
- 2 skeins of Sundara silk sport in marigold destashed by Rosi (Wendy was nice enough to pick them for me, what a nice roommate!)
- 1 skein of green Shibui merino worsted (which I am using along with the Shibui yarns in "wasabi" from last year's destash for a blanket -- I expect to be done this week)
- 2 skeins of Rowan purelife cotton for some charity hats
- "Modern top-down knitting" by Kristina McGowan
- "The Gentle Art of Domesticity" by Jane Brocket
- 2 old issues of Interweave Knits
And I won a beautiful skein of String Theory Caper sock yarn in "Blue Hill" as a door prize!

No comments: