December 08, 2006

I'm not knitting holiday presents!


STR Ruby Slippers
Originally uploaded by miminh3.



That's right, I am knitting for ME ME ME.

ME ME ME Project 1: One of my resolutions is to knit a pair of socks per month so the November socks are this lovely pair made out of
Socks that rock Ruby Slippers (the pattern is Diagonal Rib Socks by Ann Budd on the Interweave website). I did not expect the yarn to stripe so evenly so that was a nice surprise. This is an old skein so it only had 325 yards - careless that I am, I knitted these cuff down but even with my large size 8 feet, I did not run out of yarn.

ME ME ME Project 2: While at the KR retreat, I cast on Sivia Harding's Diamond Fantasy Scarf with Handmaiden 2-ply cashmere. Cat Bordhi was wearing the "original" scarf (the one in the picture) at the retreat and it really motivated me to be a monogamous knitter for the first two weeks. I am only one repeat away from the end so I am hoping to have it done by the end of the year.

We exchanged Christmas presents with DH's parents during our Thanksgiving visit and I got (among other things) Knitting for Peace, 365 Knitting stitches a year and a gift certificate to Barnes and Noble (I see the Interweave Spring 07 books Lace Style and Favorite Socks in my future).

I am one happy knitter who's planning to buy some Phildar and Rowan yarns while in Paris over the holidays :)

4 comments:

vi said...

about time you posted minh.....
gees
I been waiting forever

vi

AR said...

Your socks are cute!! I love knitting (for myself). hehe

Mango Kiwi said...

I like the Ruby Slippers! The stripes are so nice. Large size 8 feet, hehe, I have even larger size 8.5 feet.

Mango Kiwi said...

Is Handmaiden's cashmere your favorite cashmere yarn? I know that you've used it before so I was wondering...