December 03, 2011

Show and Tell

I have been remiss in blogging due to a flurry of trips but whether I am travelling for business or pleasure, there is always some connection to fibery pursuits:
- London with a stop at Loop, where I was able to buy a signed copy of Alice Yu's book (aka Socktopus) and pre-order Juju's Loops
- Chicago with a stop at Loopy Yarns
- Rhinebeck where I attended the NY sheep and wool festival for the first time
- Canandaigua where we celebrated the 10th Knitter's Review Retreat (more on that later)
- Bermuda where I diligently worked on homework for a crochet class

In order to catch up, here's a little show and tell. The first two items are going to new loving homes:
Pattern: Sweet Bunting Cardigan by Laura Chau, Yarn: Dirty Water Dyeworks

Pattern: Baltic Beret from Vintage Modern Knits, Yarn: Fibre Company Canopy Fingering

Pattern: Rocketry baby cardigan, Yarn: Dream in Color

No, it's not a string of bikinis! It's a bunting for a friend's baby who will also get to wear the sweater above. Crochet bunting (pattern by Katherine), Yarn: Julia

Over the last few months, I have been taking many classes at Gather Here such as crochet with Katherine (bunting above, granny square scarf, and granny square pillow), embroidery basics and sewing with Virginia (napkins with mitered corners, box bag, Schoolhouse tunic). I am quite proud of what I sewed in the last class I took. Wanna see?

This is a Serious Canvas Totebag: it has an exterior pocket, a water bottle pocket, and two inside pockets (one of them with a zipper). It's big enough to carry my current knitting project (Quince's Belfast Hoodie) or materials when I go to the shop for classes.

2 comments:

Bullwinkle said...

! Wow! You are just amazing. I love all of them. And the new sewing skills are fabulous. You rock!

Kristin Nicholas said...

OMG - there is the bunting on my chairs! How cool. Kristin